How To Get A Picky Dog To Eat
Dealing with a dog who won’t eat their dog food is frustrating. All we want is for our fur babies to be nourished, exercised, and happy so we can focus on giving them as many belly rubs and snuggles as possible! It’s not uncommon for dogs to turn their noses up at their food, leaving you wondering how to entice them to eat while keeping their meals balanced, nutritious, AND tasty.
Don’t worry, though, because you are not alone, and… we have a solution for you. In this article we’ll discuss how Brutus Bone Broth can help solve picky eating in dogs and provide some tips for incorporating it into your dog’s diet.
Why Bone Broth Can Help
Bone broth is made by simmering animal bones in water for an extended period of time, typically for several hours. This process extracts valuable nutrients such as collagen, amino acids, and minerals, resulting in a nutrient-rich broth that is beneficial for dogs and can help improve their overall health and wellbeing. The flavor and aroma of bone broth can be very appealing to dogs, making it a great way to entice them to eat.
Is Store Bought Bone Broth Good For Dogs?
Brutus Bone Broth is the only human-grade bone broth made specifically for dogs at the grocery store (and sold online) that is also fortified with added nutrients. It’s non-GMO, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, low sodium, contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives and is made with all natural ingredients. If you are trying to give your dog bone broth made for humans, make sure to read the label and look out for commonly toxic added ingredients like onion, fillers, and high sodium.
Brutus Bone Broth is a particularly good choice for dogs because it is fortified with glucosamine and chondroitin for added hip and joint protection. Both glucosamine and chondroitin can be expensive and bitter in taste - making it challenging for pet parents to incorporate it into their pup’s routines. Our broth has both supplements infused without the flavor and deliciousness being compromised!
How To Incorporate Bone Broth Into Your Dog’s Diet
There are many ways to incorporate bone broth into your dog’s diet, depending on their preferences and needs as well as your time, energy, and resources.
- Use it as a food topper: Adding bone broth to your dog’s food can make it more appealing while adding extra nutrients into their diet. Simply pour the proper amount of bone broth over their food (see below for a guide) and swirl the bowl around to coat.
- Use it as a treat: There are countless recipes that include bone broth such as Doggie Cannolis, Peanut Butter Cookies, and Banana Broth Pupcakes. If you’re on a time crunch, though, simply freeze bone broth in ice cube trays and give it to your dog as a treat. This can be especially helpful and serve as a refreshing and nutritious dog treat during the hot summer months or after exercise.
- Make homemade dog food: If you’re feeling extra, or you have a good amount of time on your hands, you can use bone broth as a base for homemade dog food to add flavor and nutrients. Brutus Bone Broth is fortified with glucosamine and chondroitin and can give dogs the added joint and hip protection that so many animals need.
- Mix it with dry kibble: If your dog has trouble chewing or is an especially picky eater, adding bone broth to their dry kibble can make it both easier to chew and more appealing.
Dealing with a picky eater can be a frustrating experience, but Brutus Bone Broth can be a helpful, easy, and natural way to entice a picky dog to eat. Not only is it packed with the valuable nutrients that regular bone broth has, but it is fortified with glucosamine and chondroitin which can give dogs the added joint and hip protection so many animals need. Bone broth promotes detoxification, it hydrates and nourishes them, and it is a great immunity booster as well. It has also been known to help with food sensitivities and allergies. Brutus Bone Broth is non-GMO, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, low fat, low sodium and contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives, making it a great choice for almost all dogs. By incorporating Brutus Bone Broth into your dog’s meals, you can help solve picky eating and improve their overall health and wellbeing. Try experimenting with different ways to incorporate Brutus Bone Broth into your dog’s diet to find what works best for them.
How Much Bone Broth Should I Give My Dog?
The Brutus Bone Broth serving guide calls for:
- 2 tbsp per serving for dogs under 10 lbs
- ¼ cup per serving for dogs between 10 - 25 lbs
- ½ cup per serving for dogs between 25 - 50 lbs
- ¾ cup per serving for dogs 50 - 75 lbs
- 1 cup per serving for dogs 75 - 90 lbs
- 1 ¼ cup per serving for dogs 90+ lbs
You can find Brutus Bone Broth on brutusbroth.com as well as at your local grocery store in the pet section. Brutus Bone Broth is available at Petco, Target, Costco, Walmart, Wegmans, Safeway, Albertsons, Harris Teeter, HEB, Meijer, Big Y, Fresh Thyme, and more. Check out our store locator to find a store that carries Brutus Bone Broth near you.