These Christmas dog treats are simple to mix and bake, and they make great gifts for the dogs in your life. The cute little mint flavored mini bones are made with applesauce, and, in addition to being tasty, the mint aids digestion and helps to control bad dog breath.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
🦴 1½ cups whole wheat flour
🦴 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
🦴 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
🦴 1/3 cup oat bran
🦴 2 tablespoons dry milk
🦴 1 ½ teaspoons dry baking yeast
🦴 2 tablespoons chopped spearmint leaves
🦴 1/2 cup applesauce
🦴 2 teaspoons green or red powdered food coloring or spinach powder (to get the color desired)
WHAT TO DO
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- When the dough is ready, roll it to 1/4” thick with a non-stick rolling pin.
- Using a mini bone cookie cutter, cut the dough into mini dog bone shapes.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for about an hour. Check to make sure that they don't get too brown.
- Turn off the oven and let the mini dog bones dry completely in the oven—This works best overnight.