Vibrant Dish Doggy Loaf Recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 60 mins
Makes 1 large loaf or 1 dozen doggy muffins
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
🦴 1 pound lean ground turkey
🦴 1/3 grated carrots
🦴 1/3 grated sweet potato
🦴 1 cup oats (rolled oats)
🦴 1/2 cup Brutus Bone Broth (Chicken or Beef)
🦴 3 eggs
🦴 1/3 cup cottage cheese
🦴 **Coconut oil to grease the pan- if using a non-stick baking dish **
🥣 Vegetable Peeler
🥣 1 large mixing bowl
🥣 1 small bowl
🥣 1 non stick large loaf pan or 1 non stick cupcake baking tray (or if you don’t have non stick you can use cupcake liners)
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine oats with Brutus Bone Broth (Chicken or Beef) in a small bowl set aside. Let the oats soak minimum 5 minutes
- Combine all other ingredients in large bowl, mix all ingredients together
- Add the soaked oats into your mixture.
- Pour mixture into non-stick loaf pan. Or if using a standard loaf pan grease the inside loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour or until golden.
Option 2 - sub out the ground turkey for a lean protein like ground lamb, pork, bison, buffalo, lean ground beef, ground chicken)
Additional option - I will substitute out the oats for brown rice sometimes and that’s always a favorite (just make sure you cook the rice before hand).
- You can throw in frozen peas into the mix (wouldn’t add more then 1/4 cup)
- You can also add in flax seeds or flax meal or even wheat germ this is great for their Omega 3,6 & 9, however I don’t do this.
- I suggest you try out the loaf and only add a small portion into the dogs' diet to make sure it agrees with their digestion.
- When you bake the loaf, you can bake it like a real meat loaf at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour.
- You can lightly grease the loaf pans or the muffin molds. If making muffins, bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.
- Another shortcut you can do is use a disposable baking aluminum mold so you can bake it and then pop it out after it’s cooled. Or better yet, keep the loaf inside if you aren’t going to freeze it and slice from the aluminum pan as you go. Don’t be discouraged if it crumbles a little. Also don’t be worried if the consistency is a little dry. This is all normal. It's a recipe I play with all the time, so you can have fun with it and your pups will love it! Additionally, if substituting the oats for brown rice, you can cook the brown rice with Brutus Bone Broth (Chicken or Beef) for a more flavorful muffin.
Chefs: Chef Maureen Cavalieri and Pastry Chef Elena Tsiaklis
Vibrant Dish, NYC