Gingerbread Dog Cookies
Gingerbread cookies are a staple during the holidays, and this great recipe adapted for dogs is an easy way to include your dog in this year’s festivities.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
🦴 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
🦴 1 ½ cup oat flour (made from rolled oats)
🦴 1 tsp baking powder
🦴 1 Tbsp ground ginger
🦴 1 tsp Brutus Bone Broth (Chicken or Beef)
🦴 1 tsp ground cinnamon
🦴 Pinch of ground clove
🦴 Pinch of allspice
🦴 1/4 cup molasses
🦴 3/4 cup applesauce
🦴 1 egg
🦴 1 tsp vanilla extract
🦴 1 Tbsp coconut oil
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Combine the flours, baking powder, and spices in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the Brutus Broth, molasses and applesauce and mix to combine.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and coconut oil and mix to combine, adding more flour if necessary.
- Roll out gingerbread and cut into gingerbread men or your choice of shapes.
- Bake at 350º for 20 minutes or until just starting to get golden around the edges for a soft cookie, or until crunchy for longer shelf life.
- Serving size: 1 cookie per pup.