What is Bone Broth and why is it different from regular broth?
- Bone broth is a nutrient-dense broth made from the bones of animals using water, bones, and vegetables. The multi-day cooking process extracts nutrients such as collagen from the bones, which differentiates it from regular broths.
Why is Bone Broth good for my Dog?
Humans have enjoyed Bone Broth for hundreds of years as part of a healthy diet…why can’t man’s best friend enjoy it too? Bone broth contains incredible health properties that both humans and dogs benefit from. Our bone broth:
- is easy to digest,
- moistens dry food to ease chewing for senior dogs,
- boosts flavors of ordinary food for picky eaters,
- hydrates and nourishes,
- contains no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives,
- contains added glucosamine and chondroitin to support joint health, and
- the natural nutrients can contribute to your dog’s overall health.
Why is Brutus Broth better than other broths on the market?
- Brutus Broth has been masterfully formulated to provide maximum taste and nutrition for your dog. Unlike other Broths on the market, we fortify Brutus Broth with chondroitin and glucosamine to support your dog’s joint health.
Is this produced in the United States?
- Yes our commercial kitchen is in Minneapolis and we are packaged in Buffalo NY in a facility that is 100% hydro-powered by Niagara Falls. Both facilities are USDA approved.
Are the ingredients all from the United States?
- All ingredients are from the US except the glucosamine and Chondroitin. They are from Europe because they are higher quality than those available in the USA.
Where can I buy Brutus Broth?
- Brutus Broth can be purchased online and can be found in over 200 retailers nationwide including Wegman's & Big Y. Use our Where To Buy Brutus Broth Retail locator to find one close to you!
Is Brutus Broth low sodium?
Yes! Brutus Broth contains 0.1% sodium. In order to make our broth shelf stable we need to add sea salt. We use the finest, trace amount of sea salt in Brutus Broth to ensure the proper pH is achieved to keep our product safe for consumption. Furthermore, like humans, dogs need some sodium. Generally speaking, most veterinarians use the following categories when discussing low-sodium diets:
- Dogs with no sodium restrictions require food with at least 0.5% sodium content (>100mg sodium/100kCal)
- Dogs who require mild sodium restriction should be offered foods with between 0.35% and 0.5% sodium content (80 to 100mg/100kCal)
- Dogs who require moderate sodium restriction should only receive foods with between 0.1% and 0.35% sodium content (50 to 80mg/100kCal)
- Dogs who require severe sodium restriction should be offered food with less than 0.1% sodium content (<50mg/100kCal)
Does the broth contain onions or garlic?
- No, none of our broths contains onions or garlic.
Is the broth safe for dogs of all sizes?
- Yes, dogs of all sizes can enjoy Brutus Broth.
What do I do with any unused broth after it “expires” in 7-10 days?
- Although Brutus Broth will not spoil after 10 days, it will start to lose its flavor. Many of our customers like to freeze extra Brutus Broth in ice cubes to warm up later or to treat their dog to a tasty “pupsicle”! If you feed your dog our broth past the 10 day mark it will not harm them in any way.
Should it be warmed up before serving it to my dog?
- We find most finicky dogs like Brutus Broth to be gently warmed, but most dogs enjoy it at any temperature. It even makes a wonderful frozen treat! * Please test the temperature before giving to your dog.
Does it need to be refrigerated?
- Brutus Broth does not need to be refrigerated until after it is opened. It is good in your pantry, cabinet or on your shelf until the sell by date (we have a shelf life of 2 years so no worries about stocking up!).
How much should I feed my dog?
- We recommend serving approximately 1/4 cup of broth per 25 pounds of body weight per meal. Adjust per your pet's needs.